HELLO COME ON IN

HELLO COME ON IN. I am anxious to meet you and let you get to know me a little better and understand more of the reasons that I am pursuing this particular business and why I love promoting better health and wellness inside and out. Please feel free to contact me with your questions. To check out my official site and find out more in your language please go to http://www.myxango.com/horizons I would love to have you join me, no matter which part of the world you live in. Also, please join my followers on my blog here and also Follow Me - by e-mail. All serious, legitimate questions will be answered. ***** Interested? Questions? nktexas@gmail.com

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Why Should I Supplement?

That is an often asked question. People think they are eating intelligently.They believe that because a food wrapper claims it has X number of a particular vitamin, that they are getting all they need.

I have even run into people that just have not gotten into the habit of supplementing their diet. It is a habit and habits are hard to come by. I have that problem myself.

It is important to convince yourself of the need for supplementation in the first place. Next comes a way to remind yourself that it must be done on a regular basis without fail.

I have written many times about the reasons that we should supplement. You may wish to avail yourself of a couple of my earlier posts, "Confused About the Need for Extra Nutrition" and "Functional Foods Can Act as Medicine".

To make it short and sweet, we cannot eat enough of particular foods to obtain the needed quantity of a vitamin or mineral. Quick foods are depleted. When the marketers throw in a little extra vitamin to make it look good, it is not nearly enough. It is like having a robber come along and knocking a guy flat and opening his billfold and taking all his money. Then he feels sorry for the guy so he throws $2.00 on his chest and runs off.

When foods are prepared such as ready to eat or boxed etc. they are lacking what we need. Don't be fooled by the advertisement that claims you are getting your Vitamin D or calcium, or beta carotene or Cs. Stop and do your homework.

None of us can possibly supplement our needs with just food. It is impractical.
The easiest way is to be sure to take your supplements daily on schedule without fail. Build up your health ahead of time. If you wait until you are run down or your immune system is lacking, it is too late. For less than a Starbucks(tm) coffee per day you can begin to supplement your body today. We will be adding more choices soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment